help-cgicc

Re: Uploading binary executables

From: John Raymond
Subject: Re: Uploading binary executables
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 05:57:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Volker,

I'm using a Windows operating system.  It doesn't seem
to upload any binary files correctly on my machine.  I
can't get it to work with jpeg, gif, or pdf files
either.  I've tried changing the ACCEPT parameter in
the HTML document to the appropriate MIME type, but
that doesn't work either.  It seems like the cgicc
code isn't writing binary correctly on my system.  I
was wondering if this was a windows thing or a cgicc
thing.  On the download output page sent back by the
upload cgi application, it states that the file type
is text/plain no matter what I enter as the ACCEPT
parameter in the html document.

- john