help-cgicc

[help-cgicc] + in cookie value?

From: Dr Andreas F Muller
Subject: [help-cgicc] + in cookie value?
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 00:56:13 +0200

Hello,

I've written a CGI programm that creates a cookie with a + in the
value. When the browser sends the next request, I still see the +
in the CGI environment (I always write the environment to a file,
so I can easily check that). But when I fetch the HTTPCookie from
getCookieList(), and look at the value, the + have been converted
into  blanks.  I  don't  really  know  whether + in cookie values
should be escaped, but that is not the problem here. The  problem
is that a cookie set with cgicc should retain the same value when
retrieved with cgicc. If the getValue method finds fit to replace
+  by  blank, then the setValue method should escape the +. But I
believe the right way is that getValue should not  replace  +  by
blank in the first place.

Mit herzlichem Gruss

                                        Andreas Mueller

Dr. Andreas Mueller                 Beratung und Entwicklung
Bubental 53, CH - 8852 Altendorf            <address@hidden>
Voice: +41 55 462 1483             Fax/Data: +41 55 462 1485