help-cgicc

Re: [help-cgicc] How to log under W2K

From: Alexander J. Oss
Subject: Re: [help-cgicc] How to log under W2K
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 02:46:20 -0400

The header file is what requires it to be an ofstream; if it's not, I'd
think you'll get a linker error.  Perhaps gLogFile could be declared in the
header file as a reference to an ostream?  Then you could set it to an
ofstream if you wanted.

<untested code warning>
ofstream theRealStream("logfile.txt");
ostream &gLogFile = theRealStream;