help-cgicc

Re: [help-cgicc] timing out

From: Alexander J. Oss
Subject: Re: [help-cgicc] timing out
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 21:18:08 -0400

I had such an application, where the database query took so long that the
browser timed out.  What I ended up doing was spawning a background process
on the server that repeatedly wrote out a status page, to which the CGI
application redirected the browser.  That status page had a refresh META tag
in it; and when the background process completed, the browser would refresh
to it.