help-cgicc

[help-cgicc] cgicc: environment = bad pointer

From: Robert Corwin
Subject: [help-cgicc] cgicc: environment = bad pointer
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 00:33:50 -0500

Hi All,

I am deploying an application which uses CGICC and which works great on my development machine.  On the production (release) server, however, this code:

    cgicc::Cgicc cgi;

    const CgiEnvironment& env = cgi.getEnvironment();

creates the cgi object OK but getEnvironment() inexplicably returns “bad pointer”.  Nothing in my code has changed, so it must be some configuration issue on the new machine.

So, I’m wondering if any of you know what might cause this error.  Specs for both machines are below… any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Development machine: Windows XP Pro; Apache AND IIS;

Release machine: Shared virtual server running Windows Server 2003 SP 1; IIS;

I know the web servers are different on the two machines, but even if all web servers are NOT running, getEnvironment() usually reutrns an object with a bunch of blank properties…

Thanks,

Rob