help-debbugs

emacs bug

From: Bart Nielsen
Subject: emacs bug
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 16:22:33 -0400

I often do things like

M-x replace-string

or
M-x replace-regex
^[abc]+
def

and find that the last few replacements don’t replace.  I thought it was just
the last one in the list, but when I have several changes on a line, sometimes
its the last few lines.

I don’t understand how the narrowing works. When I think it’s off, and do a
replace-string function, it doesn’t do anything, so I redo it, and it replaces
to the end of the buffer (unless this is one of the lucky ones that doesn’t do
the last few samples).

I have trouble reproducing this in a sane way, but it’s been a problem for me
for the past few years.

What else do you need to know to fix the problem?  Anyone else see it?

Thanks,

Bart