help-debbugs

Re: maintainer for Emacs ada-mode

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: maintainer for Emacs ada-mode
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 12:30:36 -0400

Stephen Leake wrote:

> It appears the ada-mode package is already created;
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/ada-mode shows the proper bugs.

This doesn't mean a package exists.
People can use any package whether or not it is defined.

> But I'm not getting emails when a bug is reported.

Obviously not, since no address has been defined to receive them.
Bugs reported against unknown packages go to the help-debbugs list.
But not if they were also reported against a known package (emacs in
this case).

> 2. maintainer email address: address@hidden
[...]
>     - archive for your bug mailing lists:
>     https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/ada-mode-users

I've set it up as you requested, but note that since your maintainer
address is not the bug mailing list, the two may get out of sync (ie
there may be bug reports that don't appear on your bug mailing list).