help-debbugs

Re: download multiple bug reports?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: download multiple bug reports?
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 09:28:50 +0100

Karl Berry <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Karl,

> In debbugs, is there any way to download multiple reports at once?
> For instance, looking at
>   https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=automake
> I'd like to be able to download all the bugs in each section (like the
> 121 normal unclassified ones) as a single mbox. Or 121 mboxes, whatever.
> Or downloading everything on the page would work too.
>
> Or maybe it's possible to do with shell access to the server?
> Which I have, but wasn't smart enough to see how it helped, other than
> brute-force looking for all the Package: automake reports, which didn't
> seem like an especially good idea.
>
> Extracting from the mailing list archives didn't sound especially easy
> either, to get all the msgs for a given bug together. Which debbugs has
> already done, anyway.
>
> Anything instead of having to laboriously go to each page and download
> each individually (or scrape the html to do so). Help?

I don't know of a way to download the messages of a *set* of bug
reports. Or at least, I don't remember.

If you know a bug number, you can download the corresponding
mbox file as <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=37818;mbox=yes>
(replace 37818 by the bug number). This should allow you scripting.

If you're using Emacs, you might use the ELPA package debbugs, which
allows you to filter bugs (for example, for package automake), and to
read the related messages of a bug via gnus or RMAIL. Disclaimer: I'm
one of the authers :-)

--thanks, karl.

Best regards, Michael.