help-debbugs

Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 13:19:08 -0400

That was a new one. How it is supposed to work:

All incoming mails are passed to the debbugs-submit mailman list for
moderation (if needed), then (if accepted) sent on to the real
debbugs-submit address.

The mails were still going to mailman, being moderated, and appearing in
the mailman archive. But they were not getting to debbugs.

I looked at the mailman admin interface and happened to see that the
sole member of the debbugs-submit list, submit@debbugs, was disabled due
to bounces. I re-enabled it, and now things seem to be working again.

Questions:
1) why did this happen? Some transient problem, or...?

2) should bounce processing be disabled in the mailman interface?

3) what to do about the mails that are in the mailman archive, but were
not sent on to debbugs. I guesstimate it is about 100 mails.
With some effort, they could be manually injected into debbugs.