help-debbugs

Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 13:39:00 -0600

Glenn Morris wrote:
> In my earlier reply to Michael, I said
> /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/debbugs-submit/2020-March.txt
> but I see that loses attachments.
> Maybe the big file is the way to go. :(

I think the big file is the way to go.  But times change and 2.3GB
is actually very manageable.  :-)

I am looking at it right now.  I am trying to figure out what messages
need to be processed that are still unprocessed.

I am going to reduce that large mbox down to just the last week of
messages.  Bigger than needed but small enough to work with.  Will
split those into individual files.  Then will filter that collection
down to just the unprocessed messages.

> You could check for message-ids in /var/lib/debbugs/spool/db-h/

This seems like the way to go.  Collect those message ids and remove
them from the collected messages of the past few days.

If all of the Message-Ids in that directory tree are ones that have
been processed then I can extract those from there and collect up
messages from debbugs-submit.mbox that are not in that processed list.
Do a review for spam.  Then proceed forward with those messages.

> See https://lists.gnu.org/r/help-debbugs/2020-03/msg00016.html
> point 1 for the rough range of affected mails.
> 2) Extract the missing mails as individual mbox files.

I'll check back in when I get to this point and we can proceed with
the next steps.  But for the moment I will focus on the message
extraction of just the unprocessed messages.

Bob