help-debbugs

Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 15:54:49 -0400

Bob Proulx wrote:

> I am going to reduce that large mbox down to just the last week of
> messages.  Bigger than needed but small enough to work with.  Will
> split those into individual files.  Then will filter that collection
> down to just the unprocessed messages.

Sounds good, but I'm fairly sure that
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/debbugs-submit/2020-March/244059.html
was the one that started the outage. (It is an invalid mail.)

> Do a review for spam.  Then proceed forward with those messages.

There should not be any spam, because these are the mails that were
approves by mailman. But you should discard the bogus ###-reopen mails.

(I did just now disable the bounce processing, by the way.)