[h-e-w] migrating Outlook Express to gnus

From: Michael R. Wolf
Subject: [h-e-w] migrating Outlook Express to gnus
Date: 02 Dec 2001 10:48:02 -0500

I've just gotten gnus to work enough that I'm ready to make a
migration.  Pointers please for the following information.

-- message migration
   . preference - automated push from Outlook Express or pull in gnus
   . nice - repetative manual steps to save from Outlook Express
        in a format that gnus can use directly (or indirectly).

-- address book migration

-- ongoing co-existance (pipe dream)
   My wife will continue to use Outlook Express.  (I know that
   Microsoft doesn't have the "open interface" frame of mind, but I
   can dream.)  Is there any way that gnus can ride on top of
   Microsoft Express for messages and addresses?

Quick answers are great.  Don't invest extra keystrokes in full
sentences or nice formatting -- I'm grateful for any info, and will do
the background research myself.

Thanks,
Michael

--