Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?

From: Paul Kinnucan
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 08:38:10 -0500

Galen Boyer writes:
 > On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, address@hidden wrote:
 >
 > > I've been using Gnus off-and-on for more than 10 years. I was
 > > referring to its mail function, which does not support two
 > > features that I need, folders and
 >
 > What are folders in VM?  Gnus has Topics, which sound quite
 > similar?

Folders are files in which you can archive mail besides
INBOX. You can have as many folders as you like. For example,
I have folders for storing mail relating to the JDE, my work,
my church, my kid's school and so on. I can save mail either
manually or automatically. To save the current item, you simple
press s and vm prompts you to enter the name of a folder
in which to archive the mail; it can be an existing or a new
folder. Press A and vm saves all the mail whose To: From: CC:
etc. fields match regular expressions that you have previously
specified in your vm initialization file (.vm).

 > > leave-on-server.
 >
 > It seems that this _was_ working and then stopped in Emacs 21.1,
 > but that we are close again.

Yes, I got this working on both Emacs 20 and 21 several months
ago after many hours (I had to modify epop3 to get it working
on 21). However, I had the same problem of being prompted twice
for passwords. Setting up vm for leave on server was a matter
of seconds and the command for expunging mail from the server
is right on the INBOX folder menu.

- Paul