Re: [h-e-w] emacs development version

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] emacs development version
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:36:49 +0200

> From: Sean Sieger <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:36:37 -0500
>
> Is anyone successfully building the development version of GNU Emacs?
>
> I'm using Bazaar and MinGW and building successfully but not with
> support for Xpm.
>
> Anyone have a tried and true recipe?  I'm going to keep on trying ...

I do it all the time, and my recipe is exactly what nt/INSTALL says.

When you run configure.bat in the nt subdirectory, does it say that it
finds the XPM header files?  Here's an excerpt from my build session:

    Using 'gcc'
    Checking for libpng...
    ...PNG header available, building with PNG support.
    Checking for jpeg-6b...
    ...JPEG header available, building with JPEG support.
    Checking for libgif...
    ...GIF header available, building with GIF support.
    Checking for tiff...
    ...TIFF header available, building with TIFF support.
    Checking for libXpm...
    ...XPM header available, building with XPM support.

Do you see the line which says "XPM header available, building with
XPM support."?  If not, please look into nt/config.log file
immediately after running configure.bat for clues.