[h-e-w] Project files with emacs

From: Tony Cappellini
Subject: [h-e-w] Project files with emacs
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:25:39 -0700

I'm relatively new to emacs, but have used it on & off over the years.
At this point in time, I'm starting from scratch and have gone through the tutorial, specific chapters of 2 different books on emacs,
and a number of emacs websites. Many of emacs features I don't need, but the ones I do need I"m having problems getting them to work.

I've done a fair amount of googling too, so I've come to the conclusion that I'm probably using the wrong nomenclature to do my searching.

Many "programmers editors" have the notion of a "project file", which associates many files to a project.
I haven't been able to find out how to do this in emacs.

I work with a several proprietary scripting languages which don't need to be compiled, so make file and compilation are not an issue.
(I'm also working with Python files too, but getting Python mode working has been such a problem , that I'm getting ready to bail on emacs and use vim)

I'd just like to be able to associate several files with a project, so that they all get reopened the next time I'm working on that project.

Would someone point me to a website or docs on how to do this with emacs?

Thanks