Re: [h-e-w] Not all files displayed in directory listing

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Not all files displayed in directory listing
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:32:35 +0300

> Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 09:48:04 -0700 (PDT)
> From: bsamek <address@hidden>
>
> I think your second question may have led me in the right direction. As far
> as I can tell there is no dir.exe or dir.bat anywhere, and DIRCMD is not
> set. There seems to be a problem with cmdproxy.exe. The 'shell-file-name'
> variable is set to emacs-24.2/bin/cmdproxy.exe. Running cmdproxy.exe from
> the Windows command line drops me into a shell with the same problem, i.e.,
> it won't list some files in C:\Windows\System32.

It is normal that 'shell-file-name' is set to cmdproxy.  This happens
on my machine as well, and yet I don't see your problem.

Can you find out which cmd.exe is being run by cmdproxy.exe?  You can
use some utility like Process Explorer (from SysInternals) to display
the process tree, so that you could see which shell is running as the
child process of cmdproxy.exe, and what is its full path.

> I can't find any docs for cmdproxy.exe.

See README.W32 in the distribution.  But that doesn't tell much.  And
I don't think it's your problem, at least not directly: cmdproxy.exe
simply invokes cmd.exe in this case.  But it might be the wrong
cmd.exe for some reason.