Re: Flex & GCC-3.0

From: W. L. Estes
Subject: Re: Flex & GCC-3.0
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:58:10 -0400

> Which release? The upcoming-any-day-now release, or the one after that?

I was going to apply a patch that I've got to fix the existing C++ for
the any-day-now release. I.e. I was not going to change the API or its
internals, just get the existing API/internals to cooperate with the
"new" C++.

> I feel strongly that the best C++ solution is thin wrapper object around the
> reentrant C scanner, with appropriate modifications for C++ IO. Is this
> something you want me to do for the upcoming release?

No. Do it on your own time and get it all worked out, tested and that
sort of thing. As many questions as we get repeated about 2.5.4a, it'd
be good to get something out there that people can use with their
newer compilers, etc.

John, you've done great work and I am continually amazed at the amount
and quality of that work.

--Will