Old flex desperately needed (or Ebcdic port)

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: Old flex desperately needed (or Ebcdic port)
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 20:09:02 +0200

Hi,

The flex source contains a required file (scan.l) to be compiled by flex
itself.  Since you cannot do this before building flex, a compiled
version is included too.  However all generated code and tables therein
are for Ascii and would look different if it were flexed on an
Posix-compliant Ebcdic mainframe.

In the flex distribution there's a port to MVS consisting of
modifications concerning file names and short symbol names which are not
important on our mainframe (Fujitsu Siemens BS2000).  Then a few minor
code fixes where some Asciites thought that everything from A - Z
isupper().  And most importantly there is an Ebcdic output of scan.l,
which alas is totally useless since it corresponds to a seemingly 10
year old version 2.3.6.

It is totally useless, because it doesn't come near to working with the
current version.  And no version before 2.4.2 is to be found on the
internet!  And even then there are two missing diffs on the GNU mirrors
before 2.5.1 so the older diffs cannot even be applied.  PLEASE send me
pointers (URL, CVS, mail me the sources...) to this old version 2.3.6,
and all versions since, so I can incrementally work up to the current
version.

Thank you very much in advance!
Daniel