Redirection question

From: ROLAND
Subject: Redirection question
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 06:12:01 -0800 (PST)

First let me wish you all a very good 2002!

I have asked a question like this before, and got a
reply which helped me a lot, but not completely...
I need to run a program and redirect both the input as
well as the output to a file.
Normally I use 'program <input >output', but this
didn't work, since the input was not redirected to the
output.
Now I'm using ECHO in my Lexical Analyzer, and the
command above does work, except for 1 specific rule...
The program uses a command called 'dm', and when I run
'dm 0\n' the output looks okay, but when I run 'dm 100
13f\n' the output is wrong, because the '\n' is not
echoed to the output!
Does anybody know how I can ECHO everything, without
losing ANY funtionality in my program?
Or is it possible to make this redirecting work
without the use of ECHO?

Roland