Re: threaded I/O

From: Nikos Balkanas
Subject: Re: threaded I/O
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:11:07 +0200

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the reply. I need to run a few tests before messing with
autoconf. That's why I asked for a binary.
I do not have access to a binary, myself. Suse supplies rpms. I have
tried the 6.4 rpm. Same behaviour. I will need a binary from distribution
7.x. I cannot use the rpm since I have a failed dependency with my libc. I
have version 2.1.1, 7.3 requires 2.1.3. I don't want to change that, since I
have compiled my kernel from sources and don't want to mess with it.

Of course the problem seems more likely to be with libc.so.6 rather than
egcs. All of these make for a good case for more checks with configure and
more tests with make test.

Nikos