scanning string

From: Sunil Kumar Jain
Subject: scanning string
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:48:20 +0530

Hi;

I'm using Flex& Bison to parse the string of chars(null terminated), and I'm
going to use the function :

"yy_scan_string(const char* str)". Before this shall I rewrite the  YY_INPUT
macro so that it'll read through the string not from the file ? Where should
I call this YY_INPUT ? After calling YY_INPUT,
where should I call yy_scan_string( ). How shall I pass my char string so
that it should start parsing ( I mean what should be my entry point into
flex& bison)?

Hoping to get a response soon.

thanx & regds
sunil