Re: why are locations dictated by bison?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: why are locations dictated by bison?
Date: 14 Jan 2002 14:33:44 +0100

>>>>> "John" == John W Millaway <address@hidden> writes:

John> My point is that perhaps you (Joe Developer) created your C++
John> location class because flex did not offer that ability in the
John> first place.

My point is John M. aintainer believes he knows better than me what I
need.

Sorry, you're wrong: it is _thanks_ to Flex that I can use a class
here.  I _want_ one for the rest of my application.  Don't tell me how
I have to make my application, I know better than you (even if I'm
wrong).  You pretend you can make it simpler to me; I'm asking you to
send the scanner I sent _simplified_ thanks to your work.

If your work does not aim at helping me (me as a lambda programmer),
then I don't need your stuff.  Hence you lose your time, increase the
impedance between Flex and Bison (which is extremely bad), and augment
the burden over the future maintainers of Flex.