Re: trailing sequence

From: John W. Millaway
Subject: Re: trailing sequence
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:02:47 -0800 (PST)

> I'm parsing an array of bytes. What should be my regular expression to
> indicate the end of parsing( once all the bytes of the array are parsed)?

Just use EOF. It's the same for strings as for file streams, e.g.:

[a-z]+  return WORD;
[0-9]+  return DIGITS;
<<EOF>>  { printf("End of string\n"); yyterminate(); }

But you don't need to explicitly match EOF unless you need to handle it
specially. The default behavior is to call yywrap() then, possibly,
yyterminate().