Re: Flex 2.5.7 (Beta )

From: John Millaway
Subject: Re: Flex 2.5.7 (Beta )
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 08:59:50 -0700 (PDT)

>      I've downloaded Flex 2.5.7 Beta( April 23 , 2002 ) , however each
> time I compile code generated by flex , I've got this error :
>
>       Undefined symbol : yy_globals
>
>       I'm trying to test the new reentrant feature of flex. I've used
> %option reentrant-bison (since my parser is bison) But I always
> got the error above. What should I do?
>
>       One more thing, Is there already a released version of Flex 2.5.7?
> Thanx.

Without more information, it sounds like you're trying to link to yy_globals.
However, yy_globals is not a global symbol. (Yes, it is poorly named. We'll
rename it ASAP!) It is a local variable of type (void*) in the yylex()
function. You need to pass it to any flex functions, e.g.,
yy_push_state(IN_COMMENT,yy_globals);

-John