Re: YY_INPUT causes crash

From: James Hughes
Subject: Re: YY_INPUT causes crash
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 14:13:30 -0400

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 08:27:12AM -0400, W. L. Estes wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 July 2002,19:01 -0400, James Hughes wrote:
>
> > address@hidden:~$ gcc --version
> > 2.95.4
>
> A quick look at ftp.gnu.org only shows the 2.95 series up through
> 2.95.3. Are you sure that you've got a version of gcc that's stable
> and such?  I ask because the test suite in the development version of
> flex has a number of simple scanners and they can all run
> successfully.

You're right: this is not a flex problem. I know this because
I attempted to compile and run a simple program using getchar()
(from page 17 of K&R 2nd. ed. to be exact) and I get the same
behaviour. However, could gcc screw up something so basic as
reading from stdin, no matter how unstable the version?

Very bizarre.

Thanks,
James