Re: bug(s) in 2.5.19 skel.c

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: bug(s) in 2.5.19 skel.c
Date: 17 Sep 2002 14:23:53 +0200

>>>>> "Hans-Bernhard" == Hans-Bernhard Broeker <address@hidden> writes:

Hans-Bernhard> NULL==0 is perfectly fine.  Assigning or initializing a
Hans-Bernhard> pointer by "zero" is, too.

Hans-Bernhard> It's trying to create a null pointer by writing zero
Hans-Bernhard> bytes into the memory holding a pointer variable that
Hans-Bernhard> doesn't work.

Thanks, I indeed missed that point.  But again, I know several
programs that use calloc and have never had any complaints about it.
I know a2ps and bison use that.  I just checked that GCC uses memset
to initialize many many structures, but I admit I didn't take the time
to check whether some have pointers or not.

Hans-Bernhard> Think of platforms where pointers don't natively exist,

Question: will you run scanners on them?  (This is a true question)