help-gawk

Re: Support of log10? (Peng Yu)

From: J Naman
Subject: Re: Support of log10? (Peng Yu)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 17:48:50 -0400

> As I said, I specifically asked for the gawk extension of log10. I did
not ask for -M. He did not answer my question.

What I do not understand is why it is necessary to 1) get volunteers to
write a C
program extension for gawk and then 2) you having to write '@load
"pengyu_log10"'
for every program you write versus putting the two characters '-M' on the
command
line of the script that runs your program. Until then, I assume that you
have your
own function log10(x){...} that returns what you want AT THE SAME 53-BIT
PRECISION
YOU WILL GET FROM A CUSTOM EXTENSION. The original problem will not go away
without
changing the precision. In my opinion ... -john