help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] strdup is missing on SFU

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] strdup is missing on SFU
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:47:27 +0100

PAPP Gyozo wrote:
Hi there,

I've found a very exciting (at least for me) project at microsoft.com:
SFU Services for Unix. It contains a Unix emulation layer for Windows
like Cygwin, but it most looks like a real big Unix and not a neat
Linux as its name proposes.

The first program I've compiled with it was gengetopt. Unfortunately,
it complaint about missing strdup() at the very beginning of the build
process. After I added a rough strdup() implementation into
gm_utils.cpp and also included its header into the source files where
strdup() was referenced, the build was successful. So I think
something is missing or wrong with the gengetopt's autoconf/header
settings (I really don't know what tool is responsible for such a
bug), or in the used tools itself.

I'll provide any further details, of course, if you are about to
support such a weird platform: SFU.

Hi there,

could you please provide further details?

the strange thing is that configure should catch the missing strdup and use an internal strdup...

thanks
        Lore

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Tel +39 055 4796741, Fax +39 055 4796730           |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple    Cover Band  |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |