help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] option group with exclusion

From: Gyozo, PAPP (VBuster)
Subject: [help-gengetopt] option group with exclusion
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:14:57 +0100

Hi there,

currently I'm struggling to implement an interface which is basically a
mutually exlcusive group of option with a little exception two of the four
options are allowed to appear at the same time.

Consider the following situation, there are 4 options:

--all-files
--pattern
--include
--exclude

the rules which cannot be changed because this was what the customer wanted
actually:
1.)--all-files should not be used neither of the remaining 3 options.
2.)--pattern should not be used neither of the remaining 3 options.
3.) BUT --exclude and --include can be used at the same time.

Apart from the last term this could be easily implemented as a option group.
But how to modify gengetopt to be able to handle such a situation? I've added
some code around gengetopt calls in my application, but I feel it is worth
discussing this problem. May gengetopt address such functionality, too?

--
Papp, Győző
VirusBuster Kft