help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] use unsigned iterator i in generated source

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] use unsigned iterator i in generated source
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:37:57 +0200

Gyozo, PAPP (VBuster) wrote:
Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: Lorenzo Bettini [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 4:11 PM
Gyozo, PAPP (VBuster) wrote:
Hi,

I running the latest 2.17rc. This version generates the
getoptions_file_save() functions with a signed int i which results a lots of signed/unsigned warning. Please modify the corresponding .h_skel to use unsigned int.
Hi

I checked this matter, and the code is

for (i = 0; i < args_info->@address@hidden; ++i)

which should not generate warnings, since the _given field is an int, and not an unsigned. I myself always compile the tests with -Wall so I should have received the warning too, which didn't happen... what warning do you get (in particular, which line of code generates the warning)?

Sorry for the inconvenience, this was my fault. I patched my gengetopt and
forgot it.

so the warning doesn't show up?

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Tel +39 055 4237460, Fax +39 055 4237437           |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.purplesucker.com Deep Purple Cover Band |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |