help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] gengetopt and gmake

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] gengetopt and gmake
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 13:42:04 +0200

Kevin Musker wrote:
Probably better belongs on a gmake list... but...

This isn't possible with an implicit rule though is it?

For example:

%.h %.c: %.ggo
     gengetopt ...

On 10:47, Kevin Musker wrote:
I'm trying to integrate gengetopt into some GNUmakefiles we have.

The problem I've come up against is that there is no way to specify
that
gengetopt is to only generate
either the .h or the .c.

Why would you want to do that? You may specify multiple targets, like in
the following:

foo.cmdline.h foo.cmdline.c: foo.ggo
           gengetopt ...

Have fun
Andre

Hi Andre

do you need this feature for optimization reasons?

otherwise could you write in gmake rules such as:

%.h: %.ggo
%.c: %.ggo
     gengetopt ...

just for curiosity.

However, it would be quite straightforward for me to add what you request :-)
I'm asking only to understand the reason why you need this feature.

hope to hear from you soon
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Tel +39 055 4237460, Fax +39 055 4237437           |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.purplesucker.com Deep Purple Cover Band |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |