help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Re: Missing START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY in gengetopt?

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Re: Missing START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY in gengetopt?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:01:09 +0200

Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
Kurt Schwehr wrote:
Hi All,

It looks like the getgetopt is missing a START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY in the info file. This is preventing the debian based fink tools from cleanly installing the latest gengetopt. Would it be possible to add this to the info file and release a new version of gengetopt?

Looking at tar, it's main info file has:

INFO-DIR-SECTION Archiving
START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY
* Tar: (tar).                   Making tape (or disk) archives.
END-INFO-DIR-ENTRY

INFO-DIR-SECTION Individual utilities
START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY
* tar: (tar)tar invocation.                     Invoking GNU `tar'.
END-INFO-DIR-ENTRY

Hi

any idea on how to add these lines? the info file is generated from a Texinfo file but I don't know how to make makeinfo generate those lines...

OK, I answer myself :-)

by taking a look at autoconf texinfo source, I came up with these lines in gengetopt texinfo file:

@dircategory GNU programming tools
@direntry
* Gengetopt: (gengetopt).         Create command line options parsers
@end direntry

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.purplesucker.com Deep Purple Cover Band |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |