help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] Include getopt code

From: T Menezes
Subject: [help-gengetopt] Include getopt code
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:54:52 +0100

Hi,

This morning I tried to use gengetopt (2.19.1) on a project running in Windows. For the first time, I added '--include-getopt' on the command line because I wanted to make the project as self-contained as possible (some of the people involved with this piece of code do not know and are not inclined to learn Linux-based code/libraries).

When I then used the cmdline.h & cmdline.c files in my project, an error message popped up saying the compiler (sadly using MS Visual Studio on this particular occasion) cannot find getopt.h.

I was under the impression that the '--include-getopt' option would sort out all getopt-related issues (particularly useful in systems where the getopt library isn't available).

Could anyone please clarify how I should be using the version of getopt generated by gengetop?

Many thanks,
TM