help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Build dependencies

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Build dependencies
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 15:48:05 +0200

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
none of these tools are needed to build gengetopt, they're only needed
in some cases if you want to contribute to gengetopt development.
They are not even used by gengetopt itself during its execution.

It has been some time, but I am still doubtful about certain things. I
find that 'valgrind' is necessary to use 'make check' to test the
build. However what about the others, are they also necessary in some
section of the "./configure && make && make check && make install"
dance? It seems not. So why are they still being checked for in the
configure script, when run from the released tarball?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

Hi there

do you mean gengen, bison, flex, etc.?
I could add the maintainer mode to the autotools; in that case, do you know whether some checks can be enabled only in maintainer mode?

thanks
        Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)