help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] cmdline_file_save accepts file handler instead

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] cmdline_file_save accepts file handler instead
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 14:14:35 +0200

Papp Gyozo (VBuster) wrote:
Hi there,

another simple question or "begging" (depends on your attitude) has
come to my mind.

It would be great if the generated config file saver function (or an
alternative one) could accept FILE* pointer instead of a filename,
because this way it would be easy to implement `--show-config'
feature which dumps the current settings e.g to stdout (like. gcc
-dump* options do)

no problem, this'll be easy to implement :-)

Background. One of our product has a fairly complex initialization
procedure (where to lookup for config file(s) -- system default,
customized user and so on). So it sometimes takes considerably long
time to figure out the exact configuration with what the program had
launched.

Saving to file is OK but in some cases it is preferrable to dump it
simply to the stdout (ie. in script and such)

that would be useful in many context, I should've thought about it myself :-)

by the way, I still haven't started to work on the group options we discussed because I'm refactoring the generated code so that there's much less duplicated code, so that it will be also easy to implement new features (such as the one we discussed about).

I hope to have something ready soon!

thanks again for your feedback!
cheers
        Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)