help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Re: GNU Gengetopt 2.22

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Re: GNU Gengetopt 2.22
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:32:32 +0100

Papp Gyozo (VBuster) wrote:
Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
I've uploaded this candidate for the next version that should remove all the warnings:

http://gdn.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/gengetopt-2.22.1.tar.gz

Sorry for the big delay and brothering you but I'm experiencing that multiple
line parsing for description string does not work. Here is the simpliest
example:

option  "quiet"             q
"control message verbosity on stdout.
`-q' does not print file names.
`-qq' suppresses all messages but alerts, and
`-qqq' implies `--terse' as well.
It does not affect error reporting on stderr!"
    no multiple

and the result will be:

gengetopt:10: syntax error `
gengetopt:10: `-q' does not print name of clean files.'
gengetopt:10: ^

The commandline was 'gengetopt -f getoptions -acmdline_options -uTARGETS -CeN'

$ gengetopt --version
GNU gengetopt 2.22.1

I think it was good with previous betas (2.22b)

hi there

thanks for the bug report

I think this was always there: probably I forgot to include ` as a valid char in the string.

I'll check this out next week

cheers
        Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net