help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] [Question][CMDLINE_PARSER_PACKAGE]

From: Salvatore Santagati
Subject: [help-gengetopt] [Question][CMDLINE_PARSER_PACKAGE]
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:27:57 +0200

Hi,

I see from my cmdline.h (generated with GNU gengetopt 2.22.1)

#ifndef CMDLINE_PARSER_PACKAGE
/** @brief the program name */
#define CMDLINE_PARSER_PACKAGE PACKAGE
#endif

Why don't use PACKAGE_NAME ? in according with config.h PACKAGE_NAME
define to the full name of this package.

if you use this on configure.ac AC_INIT(PACKAGE_NAME, VERSION,
BUG_REPORT, PACKAGE) is possible have two names
one short name (PACKAGE) and one long name (PACKAGE_NAME).

I think is good idea added support for full name (PACKAGE_NAME)
because don't exist much program with one word, example gengetopt full
name is Gnu gengetopt.

Cheers
Salvatore