help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] problem with starting gift-server

From: MUELLER Henning
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] problem with starting gift-server
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:07:55 +0100

Hi Christian

address@hidden wrote:

> Hi there.
> I don't knot if it is a problem or that i don't understand.....
>
> i installed the newest gift version.
>
> is normal that when i start the gift server with the command "gift
> 12790 /root/gift" the server started, the last line is Waiting for connection,
> but they don't exit to the shell?
> The config directory is /root/shell

It is normal that the server does not exit to the shell as the window is
used for the output of the activities. When you connect to your server,
you will see results appearing on screen.

> another problem is the client.
> i try to install charmer 0.2b. all seems to be ok, but when i try to load the
> applet, it seems to be loaded, but don't start. It gives the error on the
> status line load: class charmer.client.charmer not found

How much of the actual Charmer window do you see. I know that there was
a problem with the images and symbols not appearing on screen that was
described in the list earlier.
Can you give some more details?

> I have apache installed. the charmer is on the global
> directory /var/www/photogallery.
>
> Can anyone help.
>
> And sorry for my really bad english.
>
> Christian