help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation (new to GIFT)

From: Henning Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation (new to GIFT)
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 16:26:57 +0100

Hi,

normally this should work after installing the missing perl package. There must be a problem with the paths of where you installed the XML::XQL package. Did you do make install as root for this package or where there any problems when installing xml::xql?

Cheers, Henning

Howard Lee wrote:

Hi everyone,

        I am just wondering if any one can help me with the problem I
encountered while installing GIFT program:

=====
Checking for module XML::XQL in your perl setup
     XML::XQL is missing.
       Perl gives us the following error message:
       XML/XQL/Parser.pm did not return a true value at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/XQL.pm line
969.
   BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/XQL.pm line
969.
   BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 55) line 1.;
Checking for module XML::XQL::DOM in your perl setup
XML::XQL::DOM: OK
Checking for module Text::Iconv in your perl setup
Text::Iconv: OK
Checking for module HTTP::Request in your perl setup
HTTP::Request: OK
Checking for module XML::Parser in your perl setup
XML::Parser: OK
There were one or more missing Perl modules. Please install them
     or adjust your Perl library path befor trying again.

    This error message was generated  at gift-check-perl-config.pl line
43.
configure: error: There are some modules missing from your perl
configuration. Please see the output above.
=====

        This problem still exists even after I obtained and installed the
XML::XQL module. Can any one help? Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Howard

Dr. Henning Müller
University Hospitals of Geneva