help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] Getting GIFT from Savannah

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Getting GIFT from Savannah
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:32:02 +1000

David Squire wrote:

[snip]

Hi Wolfgang,

No luck, I'm afraid.

My ~/.ssh/config now contains the line:

Protocol 2,1

But this seems not to have helped. I now have:

>set CVS_RSH="ssh"
>cvs -t -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gift co gift
-> main loop with CVSROOT=:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gift
-> Starting server: rsh savannah.gnu.org -l anoncvs cvs server
cvs [checkout aborted]: received interrupt signal
-> Lock_Cleanup()

Again, it just hangs. I wonder if this has something to do with a proxy? Do you know what port this uses?

Though looking at this again, it is the 'set CVS_RSH="ssh"' which has not worked - it's still invoking rsh. Something weird going on with environment variables at my end...

All sorted now. I'm using tcsh, so I needed "sentenv CVS_RSH ssh" all along. Stupid.

Now, I note that there is no "configure" file in /gift - though there are "config.guess" and "configure.in".

Hmmm...

Cheers,

David

--
Dr. David McG. Squire, Postgraduate Research Coordinator (Caulfield),
Computer Science and Software Engineering, Monash University, Australia