help-gift

Re: Here! (Was: re: [help-GIFT] Contributing)

From: risc
Subject: Re: Here! (Was: re: [help-GIFT] Contributing)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:49:51 -0500

Hi Dr. Müller,

here ya go. ;)

http://volumehost.com/~risc/gife2-0.0.1.tar.gz

that tarball contains the source to my modified feature
extractor (Gnu Ift Feature Extractor 2).
it also contains an 'upstream' directory, containing my
quick-and-dirty script for creating all the thumbnails,
and the modified version of gift-add-collection.sh.

please have someone examine the collection aggregator, as
while what i've done WORKS, it dosent "feel" right to me,
to have it extract one image, but not the rest, if not needed?

anyways, it works. the files generated diff cleanly.

please merge this into upstream. a 2-2.5x improvement in import
time is a big deal! ;)

Julia Longtin <address@hidden>