help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] Ping!

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Ping!
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 16:41:13 +0100

Wolfgang Müller wrote:
just wondering if anyone has had a chance to try out my optimized feature
extractor yet.

Sorry, still trying to catch up on sleep after a tough weekend.

I was just wanting to ask David: Did you look at it? Do you want to do it?
Not yet. I would like to, but I can't make it first priority at present. If it's byte-compatible and faster, then I say go with it. It would be good to get it tested on a variety of systems though (esp. 64 bit).

In any case, I would prefer to see a set-up where it is easy to select from a variety of feature extractors, rather than have this clobber the legacy Viper code (esp. since IIRC there are cases when this is *not* faster).

Sorry about this, but I am deep in Perl and MySQL with Damocles at present.

Regards,

David

--
Dr David McG. Squire,  Senior Lecturer, on sabbatical in 2006
Caulfield School of Information Technology, Monash University, Australia