help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] patches 70* and 80*

From: risc
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] patches 70* and 80*
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 15:53:13 -0500

70-* and 80-* have already been commited to the CVS tree.

Say hello to patches 81, 82, and 83. I'm kicking these out the door, they've
been in my queue for at least a week now.

I've had 5 disks fail in a period of 4 days. wheee, fun.
Four of them 250 miles away, in a raid server.

More speed improvements, i'll commit monday if no-one objects. ;)

Wolfgang: my script now tests both gift-extract-features, and
gift-write-feature-descs. other than that, nothing new to report.

My private copy will be only 10% faster than the CVS copy, once this patch
has been commited. Once I write a patch to fix what david didnt like about
my first patches, then hunt down the source of that 10%, and build
patches for it, i'll be working on converting gift-extract-features into
a stream handling program, ALA your earlier suggestion. that, and working
on improving the resolutions gift can handle.

Julia Longtin <address@hidden>