help-global

RE: gtags and emacs on WinNT

From: Richard Vanek (ELN)
Subject: RE: gtags and emacs on WinNT
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:31:59 +0100

Hi

Maybe somebody who has DJGPP version running, or even somebody who knows how
stat() in DJGPP works in WinNT can tell us more.

Maybe DJ?
Here is a piece of code who is giving up the message:

It is part of function getdbpath() in libutil/getdbpath.c

if GTAGSROOT is defined than it finish in this line:

       if (stat(p, &sb) || !S_ISDIR(sb.st_mode))
          die("directory '%s' not found.", p);

So we need to know how stat() works in DJGPP and in which format path string
should be set in GTAGSROOT env. variable.

As this "if" statement is failing on correct path.
I just did bit more investigation and found that my C: drive is NTFS global
works there, my H: drive is network mounted my unix home dir, is mouonted as
NTFS using samba and global works there as well.

It only do not work on network drive which is a clearcase view mounted from
unix host, is mounted as MVFS file system, so I guess this is a problem why
stat is not functioning correctly.

DJ do you have any suggestion what could go wroing in stat() on MVFS file
system? I have no DJGPP environment here, so I can't debug.

Thank you for your help!

P.S. to Shiqio: Don't tell my I am pushing, don't tell me I have to give up, I
am solving problem here! Thank you for understanding.

---
Richard Vanek