help-global

Re: GLOBAL with gvim

From: Shigio Yamaguchi
Subject: Re: GLOBAL with gvim
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:13:44 +0900

Hi,
> However, the problem I often face is that when I start a gvim window and wa=
> nt to grep for function references, global require the gvim window to be =
> opened from cygwin from the dir where it's database (GRTAGS/GPATH/..) is =
> created. This get's problematic.
>
> Is there some way I can overcome this so that I open any file from the expl=
> orer and then use gtags for function reference ?

You can move current directory by 'cd' command.
If GTAGS file exists in '/usr/src/sys' then ...

% gvim  (in any place)
~
~
~
~
~
:cd /usr/src/sys
:grep main

Good luck!
--
Shigio Yamaguchi <address@hidden> - Tama Communications Corporation
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3