help-global

Re: gnu global through emacs with TRAMP?

From: Edwin Stearns
Subject: Re: gnu global through emacs with TRAMP?
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:10:16 -0500

This is a significant missing feature of `gtags.el`. etags works correctly over Tramp.

Edwin

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Brendan Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Can gnu global's emacs mode be made to work with TRAMP?

I have another machine that has a proprietary version control system I
am forced to keep my source on. I connect to it with emacs TRAMP from
my development machine in order to work.

I need to be able to set GTAGSROOT and GTAGSDBPATH also. On my local
machine I just have something like this in my emacs configurtion
 (setenv "GTAGSROOT" "path1")
 (setenv "GTAGSDBPATH" "path2")

however, I'm not sure how to make that work through TRAMP.