help-global

Re: global -u : update tags

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: global -u : update tags
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 15:38:54 +0200

"Shigio YAMAGUCHI" <address@hidden> writes:

>> > If it brings the same problem, it may be a bug.
>>
>> It does.
>>
>> Just do what I did on the command line.
>>
>> Once more :
>>
>> gtags -f gtags.files
>>
>> ls -l G*
>>
>> global -i
>>
>> ls -l G*
>>
>> HUGE!
>
> I don't understand what has occurred well.

Did you try it?

Go to a directory with MANY files in. Create a gtags.files with only a
few file names in. Then

gtags -f gtags.files

ls -l G*

*look at the tags files size*

Now,

global -u

NOW look at the tags file sizes

> If you think it is a bug, would you please send a bug report
> to address@hidden
> Please see: http://www.gnu.org/software/global/maillist.html.

I dont know if its a bug. I dont understand the documentation. I am
asking how to configure global to ONLY update for the files already
tagged or, and better,  how can I specify in the .globalrc only to tag REAL
source
files? Currently it is tagging every file in the directrory.