help-global

Cannot open load file: gtags error

From: RCY
Subject: Cannot open load file: gtags error
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:04:49 -0400

Hi,
 I am running into a problem using the version of GLOBAL from CVS with emacs23
I start emacs with 'emacs -q' to exclude any problems with my emacs init file. Then I evaluate:
(autoload 'gtags-mode "gtags" "" t)

and I get the response in the mini-buffer:
(autoload "gtags" "" t nil)

I next open a C++ file and run:
M-x gtags-mode
but I get the error in the mini-buffer:
Cannot open load file: gtags

I have previously run gtags in the parent directory of where the C++ file is located, and I confirmed that the GRTAGS, GPATH and GTAGS files were created and that running 'global func'  is able to find func.

I checked the FAQ and the mailing-list archives but I did not see a discussion of this problem. I appreciate any help with this.

RC