help-global

Re: Global can't find GTAGS in link directory

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: Global can't find GTAGS in link directory
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 11:29:17 +0900

Hi,
> The link directory can't go upwards correctly for global to find gtags.
> Does this
> have solution so that I don't need to switch GTAGSROOT each time when I
> switch card
> source tree?

You can use 'cp -r' command instead of 'ln -s'.
The cause of the problem is symbolic link, I think.

> Here is another question: can global combine many gtags? For example, create
> gtags for xserver once, then for every card's DDX, combine them to form a
> card source
> tree? So I can just update xserver's gtags once for every card source tree.

Is this a proposal about implementation?. If so, would you please send it
to bug-global mailing list?  Thank you.

Shigio
--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden>
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3