help-global

Re: multiple source trees

From: Shiyuan
Subject: Re: multiple source trees
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:00:43 -0500

It works. Thanks, Shigio.  Is there a variable to turn on this options in gtags.el?

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:43:06 -0500
Shiyuan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi.
>    I have two source trees, say,/packages/A, /packages/B, under each
> directory, I have GPATH, GRTAGS, GTAGS.  I have a function f1() which
> appears in both source tree and I want global to list all of them. But for
> my current set up, it only list the occurrences in one source tree. I have
> set up the environment variable GTAGSLIBPATH=/packages/A:/packages/B.  Are
> there any other environment variables I need to set up so that global will
> list the occurrences in both source trees. Thanks.

By default, if tag is found in one of tag files in GTAGSLIBPATH, global stops search.

Please use -T, --through option of global(1) to process all tags in GTAGSLIBPATH.
(or use GTAGSTHROUGH environment variable)

Good luck!
--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden>
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3